Signature Gathering for Recall Bonin
Who can collect signatures?
Anyone 18 years of age or older
How do I sign up?
Please email [email protected] and tell us:
- You would like to gather signatures
- What neighborhood in CD11 you are located in (or will be gathering signatures in)
- Your minimum goal number of signatures (give us your best guesstimate! For reference, each petition section has 50 signature lines, but a section does not need to be filled for signatures to be counted)
We will assign you to a Neighborhood Coordinator in your area who will reach out to you when petitions are ready. Your Neighborhood Coordinator will be your point of contact for getting you a materials kit (petition sections, palm card with talking points, clipboards, pens, etc.), answering questions about the process, and collecting signed petition sections back from you.
Where can I collect signatures?
Here are some suggestions:
- Your apartment building or HOA
- Door-to-door / around your block
- Set up a signing table in a high traffic, public place in your neighborhood (post office, public park, outside of a grocery store, farmer’s market)
You will let your Neighborhood Coordinator know where you plan to collect signatures so we are not duplicating efforts in your area. Remember, the most important thing is to aim for your GOAL NUMBER OF SIGNATURES, however you choose to collect them.
SIGNATURE GATHERING REQUIREMENTS
Please watch this short video provided by the City Clerk:
IMPORTANT! The City Clerk will throw out every signature that does not meet these requirements:
- Signer must be a registered voter of CD11
- Signer must print their address exactly as it appears on their voter registration
Please follow our QR code process with each signer so that signatures are not invalidated (we will provide you with QR codes in your materials kit):
- Confirm the signer lives in CD11. If they are not sure whether they live in CD11, have them scan the first QR code. They will be able to enter their address to confirm residency in CD11.
- Signer confirms their voter registration (second QR code). Confirm they are registered to vote and have them print their address on the petition exactly as it appears on their voter registration.
- If the signer is not registered to vote, have them register to vote online (third QR code). They can then sign the petition (and print their address exactly as it appears on their new voter registration).